Friday, March 6, 2009

Welcome, Spring!

Well, it's the first week of March in Texas, which means of course it was 87 degrees yesterday. The weather went from the 30s to the 80s in a week...this is just one of the many things that drives me crazy about this state. You can NEVER put your warm weather clothes away. Plus my allergies are going haywire. You would think I would be used to it after almost 3 years, but nope.

Sorry I don't have anything more exciting to post about than my allergies and the weather (when did I turn into an old lady?). The good news is I am kicking off my birthday celebration 8 days early with my girl's dinner at Maggiano's tonight! AND GiGi gets here on Thursday for a nice long visit, so I'm sure we will get into something noteworthy. In the meantime, here are some random pictures to show what we've been up to!

Maddie and Daddy. I think she is trying to figure out "What's that gross thing growing on your face?" And no, she doesn't have clothes on. We're country.



Maddie and Nathan. He is so cute, but if he turns out anything like his Dad this will be their first and LAST date.



Maddie's Entourage. Daisy and Duncan follow her wherever she is in the house. This is beyond annoying.



Abigail Joy Myser. Abby is our neighbor/good friends Scott and Sarah's baby. I tell people I prayed this baby into existence so Maddie would have a best friend across the street. Thank you Jesus!



Maddie and Abby's first play date.



Silly Face!



Andy "watching" the baby. Umm, I must have missed the day in Parenting Class when they told us how to watch the baby while sound asleep.



I love this picture!


2 comments:

Audra Lynn said...

Random comments:
1. Maggiano's! I'm jealous.
2. Hey, we have that hat now!
3. I actually took Neely out without shoes today. BUT she had a hairbow on. Does that make up for it?
4. Maddie's silly face is the cutest thing I have ever seen.
5. I'm glad I'm not the only one whose living room is overrun with baby paraphernalia.
6. I love that picture, too.

Word: weemph
When Neely wakes up in the morning, she lets out a little weemph...probably because she's relaxed and laying on her tummy.

Hart, Party of Five said...

I love all the pictures. So glad blogging lets me see your life in faraway Texas. Maddie is getting so big. Enjoy it all.

PS: Your house is starting to resemble our...baby gear/toy explosion. And, you can tell Andy, Bob is in his club of "watching" babies with one (or none!) eye(s)open. That picture was too funny!