Thursday, August 13, 2009

Birthday Week So Far...

If you are looking for a birthday update, you will get one--soon! We are all super swamped this week since my Mom is visiting, and we have had a few unexpected events that took up some time as well. Just a few tidbits to tide you over until I can post more....

1) Monday we had our One Year Session and Family Portrait with Erica Joyce Photography. We also did a fun "cake smash session" for Maddie. I think the pictures will turn out great, and as soon as they are ready I will post a link!

2) Tuesday was Maddie's 1st birthday...oh, I could write a book all about it! And I will write a much longer blog post, including pictures, completed devoted to her big day. Just not right now!

3) In case you didn't hear, Maddie can walk! It happened last week, but I couldn't ever catch it on video until her birthday. Here's the video if you haven't seen it!




4) I got such an unexpected surprise on Saturday. Through the magic of Facebook, I discovered that a good friend from high school, who I also lived with in college, was driving from Knoxville to San Francisco on her way to begin Seminary. I hadn't seen Carmel in about 5-6 years and I was so thrilled when I saw she was stopping to spend some time in Fort Worth! So of course I let her know she couldn't leave Texas without seeing me and my family. Carmel is a great person, beautiful inside and out, and has devoted her life to serving Christ in whatever way she could. She even spent a year in Africa doing missions--she said the heat here in Texas reminded her of Botswana. Nice.

We had a fun lunch in Sundance Square, and I got to introduce her to Andy and Maddie. We chatted about friends from high school and college, and did a little reminisicing. She seems to have forgiven me for the horrible roommate I was. She is definitely in my prayers as she begins her Seminary training.

So that's all for right now, but I will get a post up as soon as I can about Maddie's big day! Love and miss you all!

2 comments:

Audra Lynn said...

Aw, Carmel. But has she forgiven us for the Spanish Fly thing yet? ;)

The Newmans said...

GO Maddie! That is so awesome! Love the video!!