Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Delayed Birthday Post!

As you know, Maddie celebrated her first birthday on August 11! We were all so excited for this big milestone. The day was a little bittersweet, I have to admit. As much as I am proud and excited of how much she has grown and learned in the last year, I can't help but be sad that she isn't a "baby" anymore! She is eating grown up food, walking (sometimes), talking (sort of) and just turning into a big girl before my eyes!

I was also a little sad that we had to celebrate her big day so far away from family. We were really conflicted about whether to have a big party or not. We could have very easily filled up the house with all our friends and their kids...but in the end we decided that having to host a party would distract us from really enjoying Maddie's day, and making sure she enjoyed it. I think if we had been at home, it would have been a different story. But we still had a great time with our little party of Mommy, Daddy, Gigi, and Maddie!

Maddie got some really cool presents from family and friends including pretty clothes and shoes, new toys, books, and two very special baby dolls. Thank you to everyone who sent gifts, cards, and called to wish Maddie a happy birthday! We all appreciate it so much.

Here are some of my favorite pictures from the day!

Maddie and Daddy sharing a birthday smooch...




Maddie and Gigi...



A new red wagon from Mommy and Daddy....




Her very own chair, from Gigi...



Cruisin'...


All smiles!


Keep an eye out for my next post (I'm sure the excitment is killing you)...I'm including a link to Maddie's awesome One Year Portraits!

No comments: