Wednesday, May 26, 2010

3 weeks to go!

Hi everyone! Just a quick update on how things are progressing with us...

1) Bedrest Update

I went to see Dr. Neal last week and, without going into too much detail, he says everything is great! The bedrest did what it was supposed to and he doesn't expect to see Lila before my scheduled C-Section on June 23. I am still having some pain and contractions, but unfortunately that falls into the "annoying but perfectly normal" section of pregnancy complaints. I can resume life as normal, I just am supposed to avoid overdoing it, get lots of rest, stay hydrated, etc. A HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who brought meals, sent cards, visited, and checked in on me throughout the last couple of weeks. I appreciate it so much! The biggest thanks to my Mom for putting her life on hold to fly down here to help out. I don't know what I would have done without her!

2) Lila Update

As I mentioned before, unless something unexpected happens, Lila will be here in 3 weeks. Her movements have slowed down quite a bit (she's pretty cramped in there, after all) but she still makes her presence known. She migrates up and down in my stomach throughout the day...so I alternate from not being able to breath to being in the bathroom every 45 minutes! I am guessing she is going to be longer than Maddie, and between 8-8.5 lbs. Dr. Neal won't give me his guess so we will see on the 23rd!

3) Maddie Update

Holy smokes, Maddie is turning into a big girl before my eyes. She is speaking in sentences now, some of her favorites being:

"I'm a GOOD girl!"
"I made a mess!"
"Let me see!"

Last week was the last day of Mom's Day Out until Summer Session begins on June 22. She really likes school now and doesn't want to leave until she kisses her teachers, friends, and favorite toys goodbye. She loves to kiss and hug, but unfortunately is into a hitting/smacking/biting stage when she gets frustrated. Any tips on dealing with that would be GREATLY appreciated!

Maddie and GiGi at Cheesecake Factory


Art time on my new picnic table


Mmmm....cupcakes!

Maddie's in here somewhere...she had to have all her "babies" with her!


Wearing Daddy's Shoes and a silly face!


We had a Memorial Day cookout this weekend, so hopefully I will be able to do a post about that before Labor Day! Hope everyone enjoyed their long weekend!

1 comment:

Audra Lynn said...

Whew! I hope for your sake it's not as hot at your house as it is at mine for the next three weeks.