Friday, May 14, 2010

All of this and Bed Rest, too!

Ever heard the saying: "Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it?" I distinctly remember a time when I was pregnant with my first child, and hadn't any responsibilities outside of my "until the baby is born" job and the shared running of the house. I used to laugh and say, "Oh, I hope they put me on bed rest so I can just lay around all day and watch TV, nap, and eat!" THEN I had a baby and realized being a stay-at-home mom is the hardest job I have ever had. THEN I got pregnant again, and realized being on bed rest 900 miles away from the closest family member would be a disaster of epic proportions. "I have a toddler! There's no daycare, no grandma's to dump her at, and Andy has to work! Puh-leeeeeze God, let me make through this pregnancy with no issues!"

Well, one little issue has presented itself. Now, I'm an optimist and I truly believe I'm going to get through this just fine. I have had an issue in the last 24 hours with some bleeding and cramps, and a trip to the doctor that I really thought was unecessary turned into a hospital visit and a pretty concerned OB. Two cute Labor and Delivery bracelets, one steroid shot, and some reassuring smiles later I am officially on bed rest for a few days with instructions to not go into labor (seriously! He said that!) The doc says if I have no more bleeding I can resume the bare minimum activities on Monday or Tuesday. He calls it "just survive" bedrest: do what I can to take care of myself and Maddie and no more. Good news: my mom is flying down tomorrow morning and staying until Tuesday night. Better news: Lila is 100% healthy and really impressed Dr. Neal with how active and strong she is. She is practicing her fetal breathing, has a strong heart, a healthy and well-placed placenta nearby, and is in constant movement. So thank God for healthy babies!

But I need lots of prayers because I know they work! If you can take the time to pray for our family, please ask that everything resolves itself by the time Gigi leaves and that I have no more bleeding and contractions. If you could go ahead and add that this baby makes it to at LEAST 37 weeks gestation (and then has a happy healthy birth), and that Maddie realizes Mommy needs to try and relax for a few more weeks that would be amazing too! I know all my friends and family are people of faith and the fervent prayers of a righteous person will avail much!

Since this has been such a Stephanie and Lila focused post I will try to post again in a day or two with some updates and new pictures/video of Maddie. Go ahead and add some prayers to that list that either the Princess calms down a little or I learn how to deal with her! She is a mess right now!

Love y'all! Thanks for your thoughts and prayers!

3 comments:

Kate Spears said...

prayer request noted my friend!!!! i'm glad you are taking good care of yourself and i'm so thankful that god has given you another sweet healthy little girl....i can't wait to meet miss lila when she arrives (after the 37th week of course!)

love you from the bottom! -ks

KatePratt said...

Sorry you had to go on bed rest. It all sounds nice in theory but I think I would go nuts! Im SO glad that Lila is healthy and on track. Wish we could be there with you. Love and miss you all!

Kim said...

I was terrible at bed rest, too, and I didn't have a toddler to contend with! I'm so glad your mom will be there to help... just make sure you LET her help! :) I'll be praying like crazy and I know it works. Keep us posted on how things are going.

How many weeks are you now??