Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter!


I hope everyone had a great Easter weekend! Have you ever had a weekend where nothing out of the ordinary seemed to happen, but on Sunday night you sat down and thought, "Wow, what a great weekend!" That's how I felt about the last few days. We just relaxed and watched a movie with Scott and Sarah Friday night (and I got to hold Abigail, yay!), then Saturday we ran errands and had some steaks on the grill. The weather was nice until late Saturday night, when some crazy storms came through. Easter morning was cold and stormy, but we decided to stick to our plan of making it to the 7am service. My thought that it wouldn't be as crowded as the later services couldn't be more off base...still standing room only. With the exception of being completley wired and passing one very loud baby toot (at a key quiet moment in the service, of course), church went off without a hitch!



We celebrated with coffee and doughnuts while Maddie played with her Easter basket from Uncle Al and Aunt Amber.

Next were two of my favorite activities: A nap, and then baking! I made some pineapple coconut bars and a strawberry cake to take over to Lucy's (Sarah's grandma) for Easter Dinner.


Our adopted family came through for us yet again! I even made some hairbows for Abigail and Maddie, and burned myself on the gluegun less than a hundred times. Success! We also got to chat with Grandpa, MiMi, and Grandma Linda on the webcam. End the evening with a frozen pizza and a couple hours reading a great book, and I went to bed happy. Like I said, a great weekend...hope you enjoyed this long and super detailed recap!

Two exciting things coming up this week: First, Audra and her kiddos are coming to visit! Stefandra and Stefandra 2.0 are reunited again. I'm hoping that since Neely and Maddie are both sitting up, they might actually notice each other and become friends. Also, Aidan is very skilled at reminding me that I need to childproof my house, so I'm looking forward to his help ;) As for the second exciting thing happening this week (at least I hope it happens this week!): If all goes according to plan, I should have a blog post soon about my new nephew Rylan! I have been waiting for this baby for a long time! Everyone keep Allen and Amber in your prayers for a safe and speedy delivery and a healthy baby.

BTW, Maddie has two teeth now and will be crawling any day...yikes. She is getting so big! I'll post some more pictures from Easter when I get my stupid camera working, but here are pics from my phone.

Soooo close to crawling!

My friend Dawn gave me the "cold carrot as teether" tip. Worked like a charm.


What a ham!


Easter Morning


1 comment:

Audra Lynn said...

I can't wait to see you guys! Neely has on those cherry pj's right now. Too cute.

Word: hersi
Neely is screaming for me to feed her right now. Can't hersi that I'm busy blogging?