Saturday, May 2, 2009

Sick Babies and Airplanes

Hello! I know, long time, no post...what else is new? Well, Maddie has survived her first real illness...and so did I, barely. I know I should feel blessed...almost 9 months with nothing but one stuffy nose. On Tuesday, she woke up with a high fever (got to 102.4!!!!) so I almost had a stroke. You might of heard the news about a little something called "SWINE FLU" going around in North Mexico...er, I mean Texas. Well, (hallelujah) she is fully recovered from Roseola, which "all babies get," according to her pediatrician.

We had a fun time at the Urgent Care Center, though. Oh wait, no we didn't.



On a happier note, it's vacation time! Maddie and I made it Tennessee yesterday and are staying with my parents until Andy gets in next weekend. A friend of mine mentioned that I was taking a really long vacation, but I would like to remind everyone that traveling with an infant is more work than play! I can't complain though, Maddie did great on the plane and got rave reviews from all the passengers and flight attendants (the same ones that were giving me the "Oh no, there's a baby on this flight! I hope it keeps it's mouth shut" look as we boarded). She took a nice long nap, too!


Right now, we are just relaxing at GiGi and Peepaw's, and enjoying getting to be with Baby Rylan! I love him so much, I can't wait for Andy to get here and meet him!


I will try to keep posting during our trip, because there is a lot of fun stuff going on...no promises, though ;) And I would also like to say a big "Thanks" to my dad, who is the only one in my immediate family to ever read my blog. YAY DAD! I LOVE YOU!

2 comments:

Audra Lynn said...

A few comments on this one...

1. I think we've lucked out and not gotten the roseola from you. (knock on wood)
2. Aidan is "reading" this with me, and when we got to the picture of Andy and Maddie, he kept going, "Who's holding Madeline? Who is it?...Uncle Pants!"
3. As you well know, your nephew is super-cute. I love his wee mohawk.

Word: stsemea....Not even going there.

Kate said...

Aww, that just pitiful. Poor little thing. Glad she's OK now. I cant wait to see you guys. (OK I just saw you yesterday but I cant wait to see you again and see Andy and Maddie) You nephew is adorable! Also, FYI, most of the pictures and contents of you blog is apparently elicit material that I can not look at at work. What exactly have you been posting?